Optable is building a decentralized data management and connectivity platform designed for the media and advertising industry. We operate private instances of our software on behalf of our customers. We use modern, secure multiparty computation and cryptographic techniques to allow matching of data while protecting privacy.
At Optable, you will join a close-knit team of talented and motivated software developers with a deep passion for technology and a track record of developing scalable low-latency platforms. You will contribute to the architectural decisions, and you will be faced with very challenging problems in areas such as databases, distributed systems and cryptographic protocols. You will work with colleagues who love to teach and learn about software development.
As Software Developer - Cryptography, you will be developing protocols, algorithms, and libraries to ensure that customer data exchanges implemented by the Optable platform are performed securely, without data leakage, and preserving end-user privacy.
We’re looking for self-starters, with demonstrable experience and exceptional communication skills for this role. Being able to effectively balance idealism with pragmatism, understand and balance risks in highly complex and ambiguous situations, striving to constantly learn, demonstrating passion for one’s craft, attentiveness to details, eagerness, and humility are some of the other key character traits that we look for. Startup experience will be considered a plus.
If this seems like something you’d love to do, reach out to us. Let’s see if there’s a fit!
Technical skills and experience:
Mastery, experience and working knowledge with any or all of the following is required:
- Technologies in privacy, such as homomorphic encryption, k-anonymity, differential privacy, and private information exchange and retrieval
- Understanding and applying the emerging field of privacy-enhancing technologies and usable privacy
- Experience with cryptography, and in particular secure multiparty computation techniques and protocols, such as for example private set intersection
- Explaining complex technical security or privacy concepts clearly
- The Go Programming Language and its various libraries
Your responsibilities will include:
- This is a "hands on" role, so you will be expected to design and develop secure services, libraries, protocols, and algorithms that support data privacy initiatives and consumer’s privacy rights
- Proactively develop new privacy features and tools
- Align core technology decisions, vendor selection, and platform designs with Privacy by Design principles
- Interact with IAB and W3C industry working groups on technical matters pertaining to Optable's technology and practises, contribute to and influence industry standards and protocol design
- Collaborate with team members on product definition and architecture, acting as a force multiplier to guide team toward secure and privacy preserving designs