Optable is a Canadian SaaS data collaboration and clean room platform designed for the advertising ecosystem in the age of privacy. Inspired by the radical transformation in how data is governed, connected, and used, Optable was built by veterans of the ad tech industry to address the need for a new generation of privacy-safe advertising products. https://optable.co
Optable has recently closed a Series A funding round and is making a significant investment in commercial and go to market activities in order to build on existing traction in North America, Europe and JPAC.
The mission of our first US sales hire is to drive new business and new accounts for the company within the US market. Reporting directly to the CRO the successful candidate will be a hunter who is motivated to roll up sleeves, generate their own qualified leads and manage the execution of a complex sales process from end to end.
This is an individual contributor role to start and can evolve into a management or leadership position. The successful candidate will have 5+ years experience in a direct sales function in a Martech SaaS environment.
Own a New Business Revenue Number
- Drive new business and new clients by identifying and qualifying new leads, penetrating accounts and executing on a defined sales process. Success in the role will be defined largely by achieving new account and revenue goals on a quarterly basis.
- The successful candidate will own all aspects of the client journey from lead to prospect to closed account.
- Clients will be expected to drive success directly as the company begins to ramp up marketing support - this role requires someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and start executing.
- Closed accounts will be handed off to the customer success team for long term care and feeding giving the sales candidate scope to focus on new business. This is a new business role.
- Act as the technical expert on Optable’s offering and applications as well as a subject matter expert on data clean rooms, privacy tech and associated topics.
- Become a public voice for Optable including by-lines, panels, interviews etc.
- The successful candidate will maintain high visibility within the US market.
- Cold call and lead generation.
- Sales process execution across the customer journey.
- Understand client needs and SPIN.
- Prepare and deliver demos of the Optable platform to customers aligned precisely to client use cases
- Own the execution of RFPs/RFIs/InfoSec/POCs. This is done in close collaboration with Solutions Consulting, Product and other functions.
The successful candidate will have the following characteristics and qualifications
- 5+ years in a direct sales function at SaaS Ad Tech or Martech platform.
- In depth understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem and how data is used within programmatic advertising.
- An in depth knowledge of stakeholder roles within target customer segments including media owners and retail media networks.
- The ability to execute a complex sales process within a broad range of organisations.
- A tenacious ability to focus on goals within an early stage startup environment.
- Transparency and collaboration and an openness to working closely with team mates within a culture that values action, enthusiasm, innovation, trust and empathy.
- Experience with speaking publicly at events and conferences and a natural comfort in presenting to groups.