As a Privacy Engineer, you will be developing protocols, algorithms, and librairies to ensure that any customer data exchanges implemented by the Optable platform are performed securely, without data leakage, and preserving of end user privacy.
We’re looking for self-starters, with demonstrable experience and exceptional communication skills for this role. Being able to effectively balance idealism with pragmatism, understand and balance risks in highly complex and ambiguous situations, striving to constantly learn, demonstrating passion for one’s craft, attentiveness to details, eagerness, and humility are some of the other key character traits that we look for. Startup experience will be considered a plus.
Technical skills and experience:
Mastery, experience and working knowledge with any or all of the following will be considered either a must or a plus:
- Technologies in privacy, such as k-anonymity, differential privacy, or private information exchange and retrieval
- Understanding and applying the emerging field of privacy-enhancing technologies and usable privacy
- Familiarity with cryptography, and in particular secure multiparty computation techniques and protocols, such as for example private set intersection
- Explaining complex technical security or privacy concepts clearly
- The Go Programming Language and its various libraries
- Database technologies including relational databases (PostgreSQL in particular), columnar databases, redis, etc.
- Distributed systems development
- Cloud computing platforms, particularly the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Infrastructure as code and containerization and configuration management (Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Working experience with Linux and aspects of systems operation & administration
Your responsibilities will include:
- This is a "hands on" role, so you will be expected to design and develop secure services, libraries, protocols, and algorithms that support data privacy initiatives and consumer’s privacy rights
- Proactively develop new privacy features and tools
- Respond to privacy incidents, if they occur, including collecting information on scope and root cause as well as managing remediation
- Align core technology decisions, vendor selection, and platform designs with Privacy by Design principles
- Interact with IAB and W3C industry working groups on technical matters pertaining to Optable's technology and practises, contribute to and influence industry standards and protocol design
- Collaborate with team members on product definition and architecture, acting as a force multiplier to guide team toward secure and privacy preserving designs