Optable is focused on developing a data management and data connectivity platform for the advertising industry.
The company was founded by the founders of AdGear, an ad tech platform acquired by Samsung 4 years ago. Today our team at Optable counts over 10 employees, and we are starting to work with early adopters. We're building the tooling for the next generation of ad technology — oriented towards user consent, privacy and security.
As an early, growing startup that is working on a huge, global problem, we see the primary function of product management as that of taking broad and loosely defined ideas and concepts and translating them into real working product and capabilities.
At our size and phase of development, this requires a hands-on, scrappy approach: being able to sketch UIs and workflows to convey complex concepts and capabilities in a simple manner, being able to prototype, being able to support sketches with descriptions, and being an excellent communicator with leadership qualities are all skills that we expect for this role.
We are looking for problem solvers who have a deep understanding of (and interest in!) tech, and who are willing to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to help deliver quality, working product. Most importantly, we want to work with folks who are motivated by shipping something that they are proud of.
The ideal candidate will be collaborating closely with the management of the company, engineering groups, sales leads, and product designers. Of course, the role is fully remote, although we'd love to occasionally see you in our Montreal offices once things get back to normal.
- Own the product roadmap, planning and execution of various features of the product, working with business and engineering teams, as well as clients, keeping everyone abreast of the progress
- Gather feedback from stakeholders, working across the various teams and authoring documents that accurately and thoroughly describe requirements for user stories, product features, improvements and processes
- Work with company leadership and cross-functional teams to help craft the vision, strategy, and prioritization of work across multiple engineering teams
- Drive many aspects of product development strategy, from evaluating industry trends to designing, refining, and delivering specifications for the product
- 3+ years of experience in software development or technical program management
- Demonstrated impact in driving strategic analysis to influence product and business decisions
- Proven communication skills
- Proficient technical capabilities and familiarity with various data platforms
- Experience in building ad tech platforms, or product management of ad tech platforms